No one likes to have plumbing difficulties but it’s bound to happen occasionally. Most plumbing problems can be sorted out alone or by calling your local plumber during normal working hours. However, there are problems that are so serious and inconvenient that they require service right away! So how do you know when to handle the situation yourself or with your local plumber and when to make a call for emergency services? The following are situations when it’s recommended that you call an emergency plumber.
- Sewage smells indicate the possibility that there is something wrong with your sump pump, septic system or other plumbing fixtures. Call for an emergency plumber to deal with the issue.
- A clogged drain may not seem like a big deal but it can quickly turn into an emergency situation. If your drain starts to back up and water fills your sink or tub, contact an emergency plumber.
- An overflowing toilet can be caused by something simple or a sign of significant plumbing issues. Turn off the water to the toilet and call for emergency plumbing services.
- A leaking hot water heater can result in a flood. Shut off the cold water line on the heater, turn off the heater and call an emergency plumber.
- Wet spots throughout your yard may indicate that your main water supply is leaking. Call the emergency professionals, immediately.
- Frozen Pipes: Our harsh Canadian winters can lead to frozen pipes. Don’t attempt to thaw them as this can result in further damage. Call an emergency plumber.
- Burst or leaking pipes: If you have a burst or leaking pipe, turn off the water at the main shut-off valve and call for emergency services. The plumber will locate the defective pipe(s) repair or replace them and check the rest of your plumbing for issues or damage.
- Major flooding: Flooding resulting from your water heater, a clogged toilet, or sewer backup requires prompt service. Rushing water without an apparent source is also a reason to make an emergency call.
If you experience any of these situations, call for emergency plumbing services as soon as possible. Have a list of contacts on hand so you know who to call when disaster strikes. Prevention is preferable but be prepared in case of an emergency.
Have a plumbing emergency? Call Calgary-based Plumbing Paramedics. Our plumbing technicians are friendly, informative and accommodating. Plumbing Paramedics hires only those we would trust in our own homes! Our certified plumbers can handle any plumbing task or emergency! call us at (403) 452-2911 or email us.
Call us at (403) 452-2911 or Book Now an appointment.
How to Find a Top-Rated HVAC Technician in Calgary
As Calgary residents, we all understand the significance of a well-functioning heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. From keeping us warm during the city's chilly winters to ensuring a cool interior in the hot [...]
How to Save Money On Our AC Bill This Year
As the temperature rises in Calgary, so does our reliance on air conditioning. However, higher usage often leads to a surge in our AC bills. But what if we told you that staying cool this [...]
How to Properly Maintain a Hot Water Heater for Maximum Efficiency
You turn your tap to hot and voila - hot water makes it way. Whether you’re washing dishes or jumping into a hot shower, your hot water heater plays a crucial role in ensuring your [...]
Leave A Comment